Friday, December 30, 2011

Top 10 Book’s I'm Looking Forward to in 2012


Ten Ten of 2011 hosted by Jaime & Patricia from Two Chicks on Books, Rachel from Fiktshun, Jessica from Confessions of a Bookaholic and Lisa from A Life Bound by Books.


Spell Bound (Hex Hall #3) by Rachel Hawkins 


Hailed as “impossible to put down,” the Hex Hall series has both critics and teens cheering. With a winning combination of romance, action, magic and humor, this third volume will leave readers enchanted. 














Pandemonium (Delirium #2) by Lauren Oliver

I’m pushing aside the memory of my nightmare, 
pushing aside thoughts of Alex,
pushing aside thoughts of Hana and my old school,
push,
push,
push,
like Raven taught me to do.
The old life is dead.
But the old Lena is dead too.
I buried her.
I left her beyond a fence,
behind a wall of smoke and flame.
Lauren Oliver delivers an electrifying follow-up to her acclaimed New York Times bestseller, Delirium. This riveting, brilliant novel crackles with the fire of fierce defiance, forbidden romance, and the sparks of a revolution about to ignite.
Incarnate (Newsoul #1) by Jodi Meadows

NEWSOUL
Ana is new. For thousands of years in Range, a million souls have been reincarnated over and over, keeping their memories and experiences from previous lifetimes. When Ana was born, another soul vanished, and no one knows why.

NOSOUL
Even Ana’s own mother thinks she’s a nosoul, an omen of worse things to come, and has kept her away from society. To escape her seclusion and learn whether she’ll be reincarnated, Ana travels to the city of Heart, but its citizens are suspicious and afraid of what her presence means. When dragons and sylph attack the city, is Ana to blame? 

Fever (The Chemical Garden #2) by Lauren DeStefano


Rhine and Gabriel have escaped the mansion, but danger is never far behind.

Running away brings Rhine and Gabriel right into a trap, in the form of a twisted carnival whose ringmistress keeps watch over a menagerie of girls. Just as Rhine uncovers what plans await her, her fortune turns again. With Gabriel at her side, Rhine travels through an environment as grim as the one she left a year ago - surroundings that mirror her own feelings of fear and hopelessness. 



Rapture (Fallen #4) by Lauren Kate 


The sky is dark with wings. . . .

In RAPTURE, the highly anticipated fourth and final novel in the FALLEN series, Luce and Daniel are together . . . but for how long? Can history be rewritten? Or are some punishments eternal?









Cinder (Lunar Chronicles #1) by Marissa Meyer


Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl. . . .

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future. 



Perception (Clarity #2) by Kim Harrington 


When you can see things others can't, what do you do when someone's watching you?

Everybody knows about Clarity "Clare" Fern. She's the psychic girl in school, the one who can place her hands on something and see hidden visions from the past.

Only Clare would rather not be a celebrity. She prefers hanging back, observing. Her gift is not a game to her. 



Jessica Rules the Dark Side (Jessica #2) by Beth Fantaskey


t’s one thing to find out you’re a vampire princess. It’s a whole other thing to actually rule. Newly married Jessica Packwood is having a hard enough time feeling regal with her husband, Lucius, at her side. But when evidence in the murder of a powerful elder points to Lucius, sending him into solitary confinement, Jessica is suddenly on her own. Determined to clear her husband’s name, Jessica launches into a full-scale investigation, but hallucinations and nightmares of betrayal keep getting in her way. Jessica knows that with no blood to drink, Lucius’s time is running out. Can she figure out who the real killer is—and whom she can trust—before it’s too late?


Until I Die (Revenants #2) by Amy Plum 


Kate and Vincent have overcome the odds and at last they are together in Paris, the city of lights and love.

As their romance deepens there’s one question they can’t ignore: How are they supposed to be together if Vincent can’t resist sacrificing himself to save others? Although Vincent promises that he’ll do whatever it takes to lead a normal life with Kate, will that mean letting innocent people die? When a new and surprising enemy reveals itself, Kate realizes that even more may be at stake—and that Vincent’s immortality is in jeopardy. 



Life Eternal (Dead Beautiful #2) by Yvonne Woon 


Renée Winters has changed. When she looks in the mirror, a beautiful girl with an older, sadder face stares back. Her condition has doctors mystified, but Renée can never reveal the truth: she died last May, and was brought back to life by the kiss of her Undead soul mate, Dante Berlin.

Now, her separation from Dante becomes almost unbearable. His second life is close to an end, and each passing day means one less that she will spend with the boy who shares her soul. 





I have a lot of more books that I'm looking forward too, but those are my tops. :) I read probably more than 80+ books. I don't know how many books I read because I stop using goodreads, a while back. I know I did read a lot. :D around 15000-25000 words? Yeah I don't know. 

6 comments:

  1. I need to read Perception, and I'd like to read Life Eternal! Not sure about the other novels, but they all look great! : )

    Happy New Year and I hope we'll meet again in 2012!

    (Goodreads is messing with me, I think. It says I've read 125.000 pages. I don't know if 400 stories = 125.000 pages, but it sounds way too much. o.o)

    My Picks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great list! I am dying for Until I Die, Jessica Rules the Dark Side, Cinder, Fever, Incarnate, Pandemonium, and Spell Bound!!! I still also need and want to read Clarity and Dead Beautiful so then I can look forward to the next books too.
    Top 14 Books I'm Looking Forward To In 2012

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep I can't wait for Rapture to come out and the series can be finished. I love when series are finally finished.
    Also looking forward to Cinder, I will be meeting her on her Launch party signing, so looking forward to that even though I haven't read the book yet :)
    http://kristina-worldofbooks.blogspot.com/2011/12/top-10-of-2011-2012-desires-recap.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I can't wait for Pandemonium and Cinder. And I've read Incarnate and it was fantastic, I hope you enjoy it! Great list!

    I'm a new follower! :)
    Andie
    My Top Ten Most Anticipated Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes, yes, yes to cinder & incarnate! I want bad! did you know the first 5 chapters of cinder are free on kindle? you should get it:D

    Racquel @ The Book Barbies
    -thank you&come again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many books to look forward this 2012! You picked some of the best definitely ;) yay~ Great list! I want Until I Die <3 want more Vincent!!!

    Here' s my Top 10 Books for 2012

    Jay @ We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete