Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

Title/Author: Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
Pages: 338
PublisherHarper/HarperCollins
Age: Young Adult

Format: Hard Back, Library
Published: November 15th, 2011

My Rating: 4/5
Buy/Information: Amazon | Goodreads | B&N

Juliette hasn't touched anyone in exactly 264 days. 

The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal. As long as she doesn't hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don't fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color. 

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war-- and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she's exactly what they need right now. 

Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior. 

In this electrifying debut, Tahereh Mafi presents a world as riveting asThe Hunger Games and a superhero story as thrilling as The X-Men. Full of pulse-pounding romance, intoxicating villainy, and high-stakes choices, Shatter Me is a fresh and original dystopian novel—with a paranormal twist—that will leave readers anxiously awaiting its sequel


My review: 
First off, I Love This Book. Yeah I know, I only gave it a 4/5 because it started out a bit slow and it was kinda boring. Overall it's amazing! I love love this book. I can not put this book down, absolutely love it :) I left off at a cliff hanger, that's what I think. I mean why do you have to stop at that part?! Oh wells, i can't wait for the next book! I was losing hope on this book in the beginning because a lot of the reviews i saw was bad reviews about this book, and i was like 'oh man' in my head. I really love the cover so i was hoping it was a good book and it was! Thankfully :) I definitely in enjoy the book. 


Let me talk about Juliette, her parents didn't want her because she mess up everything. Since after she killed a baby boy which she didn't mean too. I hate how she's not really opened up. She thinks she's alone, which she's not. She has Adam which was her crush since like forever! So in the beginning of the book it explains why she's there and all that stuff. They've been telling her that she's going to get a cellmate, she thought it was a girl. But suddenly a guy shows up in her room so she was really surprised. Then after a few weeks later, she finds out Adam was a soldier. And yeahhh! Read the book if you want to know the rest :)

I wasn't really surprised that i like this book, but it was different then any other books i read. It's very interesting! I would love for you to read it. I know some people hate it which i'm kinda disappointed, I mean it wasn't that bad o_O. Anyways it was a good book and i think you should read it! 





1 comment:

  1. Hey, there! I'm Fara. I saw you post your link in The Story Siren and I decided to look at your blog. I'm also new in this blogging thing. I followed you, by the way. I liked the review you put on this book. You're right. This one's amazing! (I also thought you could help and check out my blog :D but I was honest when I said I like your review)

    ReplyDelete