Friday, December 23, 2011

Shattered Souls by Mary Lindsey

Title/Author: Shattered Souls by Mary Lindsey
Pages: 326
Publisher: Philomel/Penguin
Format: Hardback, Library
Published: December 8th, 2011
My Rating: 5/5
Buy/Information: Amazon | B&N | Goodreads

A thrilling debut story of death, love, destiny and danger

Lenzi hears voices and has visions - gravestones, floods, a boy with steel gray eyes. Her boyfriend, Zak, can't help, and everything keeps getting louder and more intense. Then Lenzi meets Alden, the boy from her dreams, who reveals that she's a reincarnated Speaker - someone who can talk to and help lost souls - and that he has been her Protector for centuries.

Now Lenzi must choose between her life with Zak and the life she is destined to lead with Alden. But time is running out: a malevolent spirit is out to destroy Lenzi, and he will kill her if she doesn't make a decision soon.


My Review:


Love, Death, Destiny, Danger. Ooooo :) Doesn't that sound great?! The cover really impressed me. I love it. Definitely pulled me into reading this book. I'm glad I did. At the beginning, I was kinda disappointed because it's another book where you get reborn after you die and meet your lover again and the guy has to explain to you what's happening. Like the Fallen series by Lauren Kate. I mean i love the Fallen series. But those kind of books are getting over rated. Don't you think? But it's definitely different, loved it.


It's about a girl name Lenzi. Her dad dies because he starts acting crazy. Then after a year or so, she starts hearing voices. And she thinks she turning into her dad. Her boyfriend Zak is the only person who believes in her and accepts who she is. Zak has the same type of problem as Lenzi...kinda. Both of them plays guitar, Zak is in a band. On her birthday, she decides to go to the graveyard to find her dad's grave. When she was there she meets Alden. She finds out that she's attracted to him, and she thinks she knew him somewhere before.. This time it's different, Lenzi can't remember her past lives. She always do...but what happen? Go read the book to find out :)


There's going to be a lot more Alden and Lenzi action then Zak. ;) This time this book really explain every single detail perfectly. The last paranormal book i read was disappointing so that's why i started reading realistic books. But i'm back to paranormal books now :) It's a really quick read. I read this in a day. That's if you don't put the book down! Which you'll probably not. :D

1 comment:

  1. My daughter told me about this book and the author. Mary paints the sets with my daughter at school. I wasn't sure me reading the same book as my daughter, but let me tell you. When I got started. I couldn't put it down! I highly recommend this book. We can't wait until the next one.
    Decking Ipe for sale

    ReplyDelete