Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (4)

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Title/AuthorCinder (Lunar Chronicles #1) by Marissa Meyer 
Pages: 387
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Published: January 3rd, 2012


Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl. . . . 

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future. 

In this thrilling debut young adult novel, the first of a quartet, Marissa Meyer introduces readers to an unforgettable heroine and a masterfully crafted new world that’s enthralling.


Title/AuthorDon't Breathe a Word by Holly Cupala 
Pages: 299
Publisher: HarperTeen
Published: January 3rd, 2012

Joy Delamere is suffocating... 

From asthma, which has nearly claimed her life. From her parents, who will do anything to keep that from happening. From delectably dangerous Asher, who is smothering her from the inside out. 

Joy can take his words - tender words, cruel words - until the night they go too far. 

Now, Joy will leave everything behind to find the one who has offered his help, a homeless boy called Creed. She will become someone else. She will learn to survive. She will breathe... if only she can get to Creed before it’s too late. 

Set against the gritty backdrop of Seattle’s streets and a cast of characters with secrets of their own, Holly Cupala’s powerful new novel explores the subtleties of abuse, the meaning of love, and how far a girl will go to discover her own strength.


16 comments:

  1. I've heard many good things about Cinder. It sounds very good! I might have to check it out sometime! Great choice! Thank you for sharing it!

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's been a lot of hype about Cinder, definitely need to pick this one up! Great picks.

    check out my wow? http://shortandsweetreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh! Don't Breathe A Word! I need that book right now! Someone help!

    Jez
    Jez's Bookcase

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh, both books sound amazing!!! Cinder's already on my list, but gotta add the other one :)

    Here's my Wow

    New follwer :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, thank god Cinder is finally released. I've been waiting for months to read it! I've heard great things about both Cinder and Don't Breathe a Word as well so I definitely can't wait to read them! Great picks!

    Kim @ The Paper Planes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cinder is out already yay! looking forward on reading don't breath a word. Great picks!

    My WoW picks here

    Jay @ We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have an ARC of Cinder, but still have to start on that one.

    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have read Cinder and found it pretty likable, so I hope you enjoy it! :) I really can't wait to read Don't Breathe A Word either. I've heard so many amazing things about that book. Great pick! :P

    New follower here. I love the petals in your banner. Looks great! :D

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm hoping to read Don't Breathe a Word soon because I like contemporary reads. But, I liked Cinder a lot! It's everything it says and so much more!

    Have an amazing reading week!

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been seeing this one around, and it does look good! Thanks for sharing....

    Here's MY WOW POST and
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm looking forward to Cinder as well.

    Here's my WOW pick.

    Kat
    Wit and Sin

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have heard great things about both books. The good thing is, they both came out this week, so at least you don't have to wait for them to be released! Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'v heard only so-so things about Cinder and I've also heard that Don't Breathe a Word is crazy intense. Great choices! Check out my WOW:

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh I'm really looking forward to reading Don't Breathe a Word. Cinder too but I feel tat one has gotten overhyped and I may not like it as much as I'm hoping.

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  15. Don't Breathe a Word looks amazing. Can't wait to read that one. Thank you for stopping by our WoW!

    Nat

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are two fantastic books!! You will love them both :)

    ReplyDelete