Saturday, January 14, 2012

Crossed by Ally Condie

Title/Author: Crossed by Ally Condie
Pages: 367
Publisher: Dutton Juvenile
Format: Hardback, Library
Published: November 1st 2011
My Rating: 5/5
Buy/Information: Amazon | B&N | Goodreads

The hotly awaited second book in the dystopian Matched trilogy

In search of a future that may not exist and faced with the decision of who to share it with, Cassia journeys to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky - taken by the Society to his certain death - only to find that he has escaped, leaving a series of clues in his wake.

Cassia's quest leads her to question much of what she holds dear, even as she finds glimmers of a different life across the border. But as Cassia nears resolve and certainty about her future with Ky, an invitation for rebellion, an unexpected betrayal, and a surprise visit from Xander - who may hold the key to the uprising and, still, to Cassia's heart - change the game once again. Nothing is as expected on the edge of Society, where crosses and double crosses make the path more twisted than ever.


My Review:

I know. I'm so late at reading this but I didn't think i was going to read this because the first book wasn't as good. So I was thinking about not reading it but I was really curious. Match was really slow in the beginning and it was still slow through the rest of the book. I really do like the second book, it moves a lot faster. I'm totally going to read the third book. It left a big cliffhanger, my opinion. The book is tell in two points of view (Cassie and Ky)

First Chapter: Well I read this a long time ago and I just picked it up a few days ago. I think it talked about how Ky was in a town and was trying to run away. Cassie was still with Xander. Cassie was planning on visiting Ky because she still loves him. 

The Love Triangle: Cassie said that she loves them (Xander and Ky) both for different reasons. She loves Xander because they're bestfriends. They are perfect together and they understand each other. Cassie loves Ky because Ky take her to different places. Ky makes her do stuff that she would never do. What do you think Cassie should choose?

I love this book more then Matched a lot more. I hope you didn't quit on Matched because you have to read this! It's pretty good :)

1 comment:

  1. I liked Crossed a lot better than Matched also, which I find funny because typically the second book is the one I like the least. I thought both books were only ok. They didn't live up to the hype for me, but left me enough to want to read the last book also.

    ReplyDelete