Sunday, January 1, 2012

Busting the Newbie Blues Questions!


To learn more about it click here.

  • When did you start your blog? I started my blog in December last year. 

  • Why did you start your blog? Well I made a youtube channel at November, i think. So I thought I need a blog to go with it. 

  • What has been the biggest challenge you’ve faced so far? Uhhh, probably trying to get my blog known. 

  • What do you find most discouraging about being a new blogger? I don't really know how to use things and it's really confusing sometimes. 

  • What do you find most encouraging? Sharing my In My Mailbox :) I love looking at other people's IMM. Even though I get jealous of their books.

  • Any questions you'd like to ask newbie or established bloggers? Just give me lots of tips, please! X)
  • 23 comments:

    1. Welcome to blogging and thank you so much for participating in Busting the Newbie Blues!

      Trying to get your blog known is definitely challenging, but I've put together some posts for this event that will hopefully help you with that. Blogging can be VERY confusing, but I've found the community is helpful and kind. Please feel free to ask any questions you have and I'll do my best to help :)

      I love looking at people's IMM posts too! That meme is actually how I found your blog :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. Nice to "meet" you, Lisa! I'm participating in Busting the Newbie Blues too.

      I get jealous of other people's IMM books too, but it's a great way to see what's out there, and I'm always happy to see when someone else got a book I liked.

      - Pica

      ReplyDelete
    3. Hi Lisa, I'm Anne from Living in a Fairy and also participating in Busting the Newbie Blues.

      I love IMM - especially the vlogs - but I completely understand the jealousy thing sometimes. ;)

      Anne (from Living in a Fairy World)

      ReplyDelete
    4. Hi Lisa, I'm Gina from the blog My Precious. Welcome to the blogosphere. I think the single biggest way to get your blog discovered is to participate in memes like In My Mailbox by Story Siren and Waiting on Wednesday. Then, after you post, be sure and comment comment comment.

      ReplyDelete
    5. Hi Lisa!

      (Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day, btw. :)

      I know what you mean about not knowing how to use things. I know absolutely nothing about HTML or any of that stuff. However, Hafsah at IceyBooks does great How to features. (Like how to add a Reply button to comments and stuff like that.)

      The Page Sage

      ReplyDelete
    6. Hi Lisa! It's very nice to meet you. =) I'm participating in this event as well. I love looking at IMM posts too. =) I'm always jealous!

      If you ever have any questions or you just want to talk or anything at all, please send me an email and I'll try and help the best I can. =)

      ReplyDelete
    7. Hi Lisa :)

      My name is Eden and I'm also participating in Small's Busting the Newbie Blues.

      I get so jealous of everyone else's IMM posts too. I like them because I like to see what everyone will be reading soon and it is one good way to discover books to read. I also like seeing the covers on the physical ones because I read a lot of Ebooks so I don't normally get to see those.

      ReplyDelete
    8. Welcome to Blogland. Great honest answers. I'm on the fence about IMM.

      ReplyDelete
    9. Hi! Also participating in Busting the Newbie Blues! :)
      And I'm also jealous of everyone else's IMM posts. And yet, I love to read them! There's always new books to find :)

      Monaliz @ Mind Reading?

      ReplyDelete
    10. Welcome to blogging! IMM is definitely a highlight of blogging for me, too. Sometimes I do feel envious as well, but it also brings my attention to books I might have otherwise missed. Plus, I've met some cool people through it too.

      ReplyDelete
    11. Welcome to blogging! The best advice I can give is just keep going. It may feel like no one is reading but someone is. You just need to keep trucking along. :)

      Alison at The Cheap Reader

      ReplyDelete
    12. Blogging is something that's both work and play to me. Work because I had to learn a bunch of new things to do it, but play because the end result turned out to be so fun.

      I think a great tip is to just keep reviewing books and developing your own "voice". The reason you started a blog in the first place is to share your passion for books. if you can do that in a way that only you can, people will definitely want to listen :)

      Participating in memes like IMM is also a great way to network your blog.

      Welcome to the blogger world! :)

      ReplyDelete
    13. Hey there! I'm Kat, and my blog is I Write, I Read, I Review.

      I'm a huge fan of IMM and a big-time shopaholic. I can certainly understand the book envy / jealousy thing, but when that hits the best thing to do is take action. If it's a book you keep seeing and you want, add it to a wishlist. If it's not out, give it some Waiting on Wednesday love and make sure to link it up so people will see your post. (In addition, *please* tell us *why* you're excited. It makes it so much easier to start a discussion.)

      A couple other great advice resources that might help you out are Book Blogging 101 at Parajunkee's View, which is updated every Thursday. You can even go and see all the previous info that's been put up. Really, really useful. Blogger's Corner is also a great place to learn about blogging and to discuss blogger-centric issues.

      As for networking... Twitter is probably my favorite thing. Finding writing and reading related forums (depending on whether one or both of these interest you) can also be very helpful. GoodReads, GoodReads, GoodReads! The more you can do to be involved there -- making sure you link up your reviews, joining groups, updating as you read, answering polls... The better. Memes are also vital when you are new, but *do everything in your power to make sure your posts are interesting and relevant.*

      Anyway, I hope that this helps. Have a great day!

      ReplyDelete
    14. Hi, Lisa! I'm Asher Knight from Paranormal Indulgence. Welcome to blogging!

      When I first started out it was very challenging to get my blog out there. But one of the things I recommend is utilizing social networks, like Twitter, Facebook, Goodreads, etc. Especially Twitter. It's easy to interact with not just other bloggers but authors and publicists! Also, The Story Siren has some really great blogging tips to read through, which I did, and sometimes still go back to, when I was a newbie.

      Have a great time with this event and I hope to see you around on the blogosphere! If you have questions, you can always email me or leave a comment on my blog. If I can help, I'll be sure to let you know.

      ReplyDelete
    15. Hi Lisa!

      I'm a newbie too well sort of i've been blogging for about 5 months now! I really love your backround its so cute! I'm a new follower also just thought i would let you know feel free to stop by my blog or email me if you have some dilemas! My email is on my blog =) Good luck with everything!

      ReplyDelete
    16. I love people who can rock the youtube videos, I'm much to camera shy to do vlogs and the like. My best advice is networking. It's hard work but very rewarding and very fun. I've met all my bloggy contacts through Twitter and we're working on building a great fb audience now. Maybe I'll tyr vlogs one day. ;)

      Another very important tip: Take the word verification off your comments. It's one of my hugest pet peeves. You can moderate your comments instead and you'll get more people commenting because it's so much easier.

      ReplyDelete
    17. Not knowing how things work is par for the course as a newbie blogger, and figuring it out is both rewarding and frustrating. Probably more frustrating than anything else! The thing is, before you know it, you'll realize that you've learned so very, very much!
      Ruby

      ReplyDelete
    18. Hi Lisa! I'm dropping by as part of Busting the Newbie Blues. I hope your year is going well, and that you're enjoying what you're reading.

      I'm going to concur with the other commenters: participating in a meme is one of the best ways to get your name out there (and to meet new people, too). I started getting a lot more attention, and having more fun, when I started doing memes. My favorite is definitely Top 10 Tuesday, which is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. :)

      ReplyDelete
    19. Hello! I am Jennifer, and I just started my blog, so I know how you feel about trying to get your blog out there. Another really easy way to get yourself out there in the blogging world is participating in Feature and Follow Friday, as hosted by Alison Can Read. The whole purpose of that Meme is to get connected. =)

      And you have gained a new follower. =)

      Please feel free to stop by my blog!

      Jennifer @ A Librarian's Library

      ReplyDelete
    20. Hi, i'm Gina and I joined Busting the Newbie Blues which is how I found you :)
      I love IMMs too and sometimes i get jealous aswell!
      My Newbie post is here if you want to check it out http://fantasia-books.blogspot.com/2012/01/busting-newbie-blues.html
      You have another follower btw :D

      ReplyDelete
    21. Other than weekly memes, I think commenting on other people's blogs is one the best way to get your blog out there (: Good luck!

      Ana @ BookSpark

      ReplyDelete
    22. Hi Im a new Follower :)
      www.thephantomparagrapher.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    23. Hey, I started blogging recently too. I love your background!

      ReplyDelete