Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (7)

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 

Title/Author: Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood
Pages: 326
Publisher: Putnam Juvenile (February 7th 2012)

A Great and Terrible Beauty meets Cassandra Clare in this spellbinding fantasy 

Everybody knows Cate Cahill and her sisters are eccentric. Too pretty, too reclusive, and far too educated for their own good. But the truth is even worse: they're witches. And if their secret is discovered by the priests of the Brotherhood, it would mean an asylum, a prison ship—or an early grave. 

Before her mother died, Cate promised to protect her sisters. But with only six months left to choose between marriage and the Sisterhood, she might not be able to keep her word . . . especially after she finds her mother's diary, uncovering a secret that could spell her family's destruction. Desperate to find alternatives to their fate, Cate starts scouring banned books and questioning rebellious new friends, all while juggling tea parties, shocking marriage proposals, and a forbidden romance with the completely unsuitable Finn Belastra. 

If what her mother wrote is true, the Cahill girls aren't safe. Not from the Brotherhood, the Sisterhood—not even from each other.

4 comments:

  1. I still haven't read "A great and terrible beauty" but I"m planning on it. And if this is a mixture of it and Cassie Clare than it's a must-read :))

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not always drawn to historicals, but I was immediately drawn to this. Great choice!

    My WOW
    Safari Poet

    ReplyDelete
  3. This kind of reminds me of the movie Practical Magic (which is actually based on a book... but I hated the book) which I love. That cover is just gorgeous.

    My Waiting on Wednesday: Night Sky

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read this book either! It sounds like awesome read!

    ReplyDelete